Wednesday, March 6, 2013

How to Describe the House of Representatives


Let’s have some fun with our wordsmithing.  The situation our country finds itself in may defy description, but we can do our best.  To aid you in your attempts to express your feelings, I have devised a handy tool.  The following three columns will yield the most elegant and descriptive phrases for your discussion of the United States House of Representatives.   Just choose one word from each column.

If you have trouble picking, just think of any three numbers from one to ten.  For instance, my birthday, 3.17 yields “Infuriating farcical gasbags!”  666, the number for Satan yields “Shameful feckless bloodsuckers.”  You get the idea. 

If you think this blog post has nothing to do with crime or criminal activity, I want some of your medicine.


 Annamaria Alfieri

10 comments:

  1. So very true mo matter what. numbers you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO not Mo. Darn phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Annamaria, your words could have been conceived in my own brain factory, as I have been appalled, APPALLED !!! these last months by many members of the House. Except for a few, like Hoyer and Pelosi- Don't anybody fault Nancy P. to this dame! She is a Wonder Woman!!! But some of those others, plus the two renegades in the Senate, namely John X and X Graham, and now that upstart from Texas, well, they should be horsewhipped! Strongly Opinioned Lady in Manhattan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny and very true. But you left out "pusillanimous."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of them as incredibly infantile, but I guess that's an insult to infants.
    Stephanie Patterson in Collingswood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie, that's a very clever comment! Thelma Straw in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right on, Annamaria. It reminds me–not so much of congress, because I can't bear to think about congress–but of a thing we used to have called the Title Calculator, which was used to find titles for books we might write sometime. The Hairy Yellow Feet of Death. The Insipid Pusillanimous Blackguards of Congress. You get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! And with two federal employees in the family facing possible furloughs I can think of a few more...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've needed this tool the last 2 decades. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant!! I was running out of words and phrases to describe these people - this is a HUGE help! (I can't seem to move beyond "asshats!)

    ReplyDelete