Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Day in La Vita Fiorentina

I am in Florence for five weeks, living like a resident.  Here is a photo essay of a rather ordinary day.  No museums visits.  No shopping in swanky boutiques--not that I ever do very much of that.  This is an account of Monday, when I ate three simple meals, two of them at home, went to straighten out my Italian bank card so I can withdraw funds, wrote two thousand words of my WIP, and puttered around the house.  Here is the best part, how it looks.



A particularly beautiful sunrise from my terrace.


Walking through the Piazza della Signoria on my way to breakfast.
I pass my favorite building in Florence--Orsanmichele.

The choices for breakfast

My favorite coffee bar, the best coffee in the center.

A typical Italian breakfast, delicious.  Euros 2.40. About $2.65

On my block, the store that has all the necessities.  You go in
and tell them what you want and they get it for you.

My bank, just a few steps from my front door in the piazza.

Some crime fighter pass by as I enter the bank



Where I spend most of the day working.

You can tell I think that I love it here.

Annamaria Alfieri




3 comments:

  1. Wow. If I weren't so happy here I would wish I was there. Can you get gelato? Salad made out of tiny little octopuses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love salad made out of tiny little octupuses (or is it octupi). Oh, well. Annamaria, it looks like you're having a wonderful time. Drink some wine and eat glorious food in this beautiful setting for all of us.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Steph said. ... And I add . like that movie where the woman says " I'll have what she's having!" Enjoy it for all of us in snow and ice!!! I'll have that breakfast... any ole time!" tjstraw

    ReplyDelete