Sunday, November 22, 2015
First Lines That Keep You Reading: A Brief Quiz
1. They threw me off the hay truck about noon.
2. Eunice Parchman killed the Coverdale family because she could not read or write.
3. Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again.
4. My bodyguard was mowing the yard wearing her pink bikini when the man fell from the sky.
5. When I finally caught up with Abraham Traherne, he was drinking beer with an alcoholic bulldog named Fireball Roberts in a ramshackle joint just outside of Sonoma, California, drinking the heart right out of a fine spring afternoon.