Monday, November 23, 2015
Opening Lines Quiz - The Answers
1. They threw me off the hay truck about noon—The Postman Always Rings Twice, by James M. Cain.
2. Eunice Parchman killed the Coverdale family because she could not read or write—A Judgment in Stone, by Ruth Rendell
3. Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again—Rebecca, by Daphne du Maurier.
4. My bodyguard was mowing the yard wearing her pink bikini when the man fell from the sky—Dead Over Heels, by Charlaine Harris
5. When I finally caught up with Abraham Traherne, he was drinking beer with an alcoholic bulldog named Fireball Roberts in a ramshackle joint just outside of Sonoma, California, drinking the heart right out of a fine spring afternoon—The Last Good Kiss, by James Crumley