Kate's Cherry Chocolate Cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes to mix, ten minutes to bake
Makes 6 dozen
3 sticks butter, softened
2 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract, rum, or Curacao
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/8 tsp baking soda
3/8 tsp salt
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cups chopped walnuts
1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla or other flavoring and beat until fluffy.
- In another bowl, thoroughly whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add chips, nuts, and cherries, and combine with butter mixture until well blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake ten minutes. Remove from oven, let set for a minute, and transfer to a cooling rack.
Simple and tasty. Happy holidays.